Monday, March 14, 2011

Facebook Fast

For those of you who regularly stalk me on facebook, you have probably noticed that you haven't been. Yes, that sentence makes sense and no, I didn't "defriend" you because you started dating my ex.

About three weeks ago, I was looking at my profile and realized that I was tagged in over 1,000 photos. I thought to myself, "That's absurd." My self responded and said, "and a little creepy." I am virtual "friends" with over 500 people. Hmm. I suddenly felt like I live in a fish bowl.

The lack of privacy disturbed me. I think that people are meant to float in and out of one's life for one reason or another, but facebook kind of halts that "floating" process. I mean, as much as I love finding out that the guy I sat next to on a plane two years ago had macaroni for dinner, I could probably be filling my brain with more valuable information. Its capacity is limited, after all.

So for now, I'm footloose and facebook free. It might just be a phase, it might not be. We'll see. If you need to get a hold of me, call me. If you don't have my number, there's probably a reason.



and if you haven't seen this, you should.




1 comment:

  1. I love you. & I love that you said it this way. & I love that you're on a facebook fast! wwwaaay to go, inspiring...speaking of which...are you still running bc I'm not & my booty & bod are evidence....

    ReplyDelete