Monday, March 7, 2011

Boys go to Jupiter

I just walked home in the rain, which was nice, but would have been nicer if I'd remembered my galoshes, dag nabbit. On the way home, the sidewalk looked like this:
















All of the worms were crawling out of their worm houses to keep from drowning. I aimed my steps carefully to avoid them, partly out of instinctive humanity, and partly because I didn't want worm guts on my shoes.

After a few minutes of this, I started noticing a repetitive "stomp" behind me. I looked over my shoulder to see a guy a few paces back who was very focused on intentionally stomping each and every little worm, sending them to an inevitably squishy death.

I watched him for a minute, trying to decide if this was a testosterone-driven action, or an individual tendency to be naturally destructive, or if he just really hates worms. I'm still not sure. Those poor little creepy crawlies just picked the wrong sidewalk today and happened to cross paths with a worm murderer.

No comments:

Post a Comment