Thursday, March 3, 2011

"...beholding beauty with the eye of the mind"

Today was a beautiful day. It was chilly walking to school this morning, but it was the refreshing kind of overcast chilly that feels wonderful. When I came out of class it was sunny, but I realized it had rained a few minutes before because I could smell it in the air. It was perfect.

I usually try to avoid sounding like a Hallmark card and I'm sorry if the sentiment is too much, but today was one of those days that make all of the really hard, tedious days worth it. I don't know why exactly. My day consisted of class, work, gym, and a really delicious granola bar. Nothing different than usual. But that was kind of the beauty of it. It didn't require extravagance, which I usually think is the best (and most cost efficient) kind of beautiful.


ps. I rid myself of my facebook for a while. The last time I tried to do this, there were a few people that took it as a social rejection. I promise it's nothing personal.

pps. I watched this movie the other day. I love it, probably because it has Alan Arkin in it. Consider it one of my recommendations. You will probably want an edited version.

No comments:

Post a Comment