Wednesday, December 22, 2010

These Small Hours


I haven't written in a very long time. I realize that I never really wrote a concluding entry about Ecuador, which was my main motivation to starting this in the first place. I figured I had better do so before I move on to other things. I guess my goal when I posted this blog last December was to fill it with things that I love. I feel as though, up to this point, I have succeeded to do so. In the end, even if no one ever reads this, I will hopefully have compiled a site full of sincerity and loveliness and that will be enough for me. Ecuador seems like a very long time ago. The complicated and tiring days I have from time to time make me miss it so much and wish I could go back. Enough time has passed that I have been able to see the impact that the experience has had on my life and every time I think about it, I am overwhelmed with gratitude for the brief opportunity I had to live there.

When I finally landed in the United States after my experience in Ecuador, the Rob Thomas song "Little Wonders" was playing throughout the plane as everyone filed out. I think that the song beautifully summarizes everything Ecuador was for me.

Our lives are made in these small hours
These little wonders, these twists and turns of fate.
Time falls away, but these small hours,
These small hours still remain.
-Rob Thomas



-Erin

1 comment:

  1. I'm reading. I thought you'd like to know somebody definitely is :)

    -Robin

    ReplyDelete