Monday, December 28, 2009

Wow...


I really cannot believe that the time is here! It still doesn't seem real. I'm assuming the reality will hit me sometime within the two days it takes to actually travel to Cuenca. That will be rough on me. I am so, so scared to live in Ecuador but I've realized that this is a chance in my life to actually be brave. I'm afraid of a lot of things and I'm tired of being intimidated by the magnitude of the decisions I'm making in my life right now. So, I have told myself that I am going to go and invest my heart entirely and securely in the kids. I was talking to a friend the other day who is originally from Puerto Rico. She shared some of her experiences with me about moving to the United States and told me that its ok to cry at first. I found comfort in this...probably because I tend to be a really emotional person.

OSSO sent me some information about some of the kids in the orphanages. I've been studying it and I cannot wait to meet them. I'm so excited!

-Erin

1 comment:

  1. You are being very courageous both in this trip and your choices in being there;facing your fears both there as well as other things in your life! I think you are amazing!

    ReplyDelete